Mimi’s Sugar Cookies
· 1 (8 ounce) package Philadelphia Cream Cheese, Softened
· ¾ cup butter, softened
· 1 cup sugar
· 2 teaspoons vanilla
· 2 ¼ cups flour
· ½ teaspoon baking soda
· Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Beat cream cheese, butter, sugar and vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add flour and baking soda; mix well. Cover. Refrigerate 30 min.
· Roll dough to 1/8 inch thickness on lightly floured surface. Cut into assorted shapes, using 3 -inch cookie cutters.
· Bake 10-12 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Transfer to wire racks; immediately press about ½ teaspoon of the crushed candies into top of each hot cookie. Cool completely.
· 3 large egg whites, room temperature
· ½ teaspoon cream of tartar
· 1 16-ounce package confectioner’s sugar, sifted
· Paste food coloring
1. To make icing, combine egg whites in a large mixing bowl and beat with electric mixer at medium speed until peaks are formed, add cream of tartar
2. Gradually add confectioner’s sugar, mixing well
3. Beat for 5 min.
4. Color portions of icing with paste food coloring
5. Icing dries quickly, so keep unused portion covered with damp towels.
6. Icing hardens as it dries
7. After dried make cake decorating frosting of your choice and decorate with cake decorator.